Treatment for Animal Bites

 

Prevention is the best method for not getting bite. Don't play or mess around with animal you don't know and use OFF and other products to keep insects away when outdoor.

Animal bites and scratches, even minor ones, can become infected and spread bacteria to other parts of the body. Whether the animal is a family pet or a creature from the "wild," scratches and bites can carry disease. For example, cat scratch disease, a bacterial infection, can be transmitted by a cat scratch (usually from a kitten) even if the site of the scratch doesn't look infected. In addition, certain animals can transmit rabies and tetanus. Human bites that break the skin are even more likely to become infected.

What to Do:
For a Bite or Scratch

 

Animal Bites

 


ANIMAL BITES CARRY A HIGH RISK OF INFECTION
AND REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL ATTENTION PROMPTLY!


Infection may develop hours, or days, after an animal bite. Signs and symptoms of infection are pain & tenderness at the wound site, redness, heat, swelling, pus at the wound site, red streaks in the skin around the wound and possible swollen glands closest to the wound.

First aid care for animal bites includes washing the wound well with soap and water, if there is no heavy bleeding. Then cover the wound and seek professional attention. A serious wound should be cleaned only by trained medical personnel.

Insect Bites

 


INSECT BITES AND STINGS CAN BE LIFE-THREATENING
TO PEOPLE WITH SEVERE ALLERGY TO THE INSECT'S VENOM!


Signs and symptoms of allergic reaction include pain, swelling of the throat, redness or discoloration at the site of the bite, itching, hives, decreased consciousness and difficult or noisy breathing.

First aid calls for being alert for signs of allergic reaction or shock and seeking medical attention as quickly as possible for these victims!

If a stinger remains in the victim, you may try to remove it carefully with a tweezers or by scraping with the edge of a credit card. Be careful not to squeeze the stinger as this will inject more venom.

Once a stinger has been removed, the wound should be washed well with soap and water. Cold compresses will help relieve pain and swelling. The stung area should be kept lower than the heart to slow circulation of the venom.

REMEMBER, IN ALL CASES OF INSECT BITES, WATCH FOR SIGNS OF ALLERGIC REACTION AND IF THEY APPEAR, SEEK PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ATTENTION WITHOUT DELAY!